In the age of cryptocurrency, the Trust wallet serves as a digital fortress to secure your funds. However, the master key to this fortress is your mnemonic phrase – a 12 or 24-word phrase that works as a recovery tool if you ever misplace your device or forget your password. Think of it as the skeleton key that can pop open the doors of your digital treasury. However, if the Trust wallet rejects your mnemonic phrase with an “Invalid mnemonic phrase” error, the key is practically useless. Relax! At the end of this post, you’ll have the knowledge to maneuver this obstacle.
Major Reasons for Facing “Invalid Mnemonic Phrase Error” in Trust Wallet
- Incorrect Input of Mnemonic Phrase: The mnemonic phrase is case-sensitive and requires a single spacing between the words. Ensure you’ve kept these details in check.
- Spelling Mistakes: A wrong letter here or a missing one there, and your mnemonic passphrase is rendered useless. Always double-check the spelling of your words.
- Wrong Mnemonic Phrase: If you’re a proud owner of multiple wallets, it’s imperative to select the correct phrase for the appropriate one.
- Device-related problems: Sometimes, the issue lies not with your passphrase but with your device. In such cases, try restoring the wallet on a different device.
Also Read – Steps to Transfer BNB from Binance to Trust Wallet.
What to do if I get an “Invalid mnemonic phrase” error in Trust Wallet?
First, you should check for the reason, as mentioned above. Check again the mnemonic phrase, spelling, and device-related problem, still not fixed then you should try these:
- Mnemonic Phrase Checker Tool: Various websites offer this tool to scrutinize your mnemonic phrase for mistakes.
- Contact Trust Wallet Support: If all roads lead to a dead-end, it’s time to contact Trust Wallet support. Their expert help can guide you through to recover your funds.
Prevention from “Invalid Mnemonic Phrase” error:
- Physical Storage of Mnemonic Phrase: A time-tested method—jot down the phrase on paper and keep it secure.
- Say No to Digital Storage: Keeping your mnemonic phrase in digital formats invites potential risks. Stay away from it.
- Memorizing the Phrase: Like the number pi, your mnemonic phrase needs to be ingrained in your memory.
- Maintain Secrecy: Sharing is not caring in this case. Your mnemonic phrase should be a secret only you know.
By adhering to these tips, the “Invalid Mnemonic Phrase” error will be at bay. If you’re stumbling over more queries, don’t hesitate to reach out.
Also Read: How To Fix Trust Wallet Balance Not Showing?